16 February 2014

Leica M6 TTL or Voigtlander Bessa R4M?

Have you been in a dilemma where you are considering a Leica or Voigtlander rangefinder? I found myself at this cross junction when I first got into rangefinder cameras. I bought my first rangefinder, a Voigtlander Bessa R4M with Color Skopar 21mm f/4 4 years ago and have been enjoying it. However, if you are into rangefinder, you would have heard of the ultimo brand called Leica. So last year, I decided to see what is so attractive about Leica rangefinder. I went online to search for a comparison for the Voigtlander and Leica systems. However, I managed to find only 1 review doing mainly technical specification comparison. For me, I wanted a more user-experience type of comparison, not the technical spec which I can find readily online.

To put everything short, I managed to score myself a black paint Leica M6 TTL 0.85 ICS version from Hong Kong to see for myself the differences. After using both cameras extensively, I decided to come up with a review to compare the experience of using both cameras. The review I did was posted on Film Shooters Collective so that my fellow film enthusiasts can share. Do help to share this review so that others like me who are deciding between the 2 systems can make an informed choice. So here is the review! You can also click on the image below to enter the site.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment